- Firm Managing Member
JEFFREY G. JONES is the Firm Managing Member of Wimberly Lawson Wright Daves & Jones, PLLC. His practice includes an emphasis on commercial transactions, governmental law and creditors' rights, as well as insurance defense. Jeff received his Bachelor of Science degree in History, graduating magna cum laude in 1984 from Tennessee Technological University, and he received his law degree from the University of Tennessee in 1987. Jeff has an AV Preeminent® Rating - which is the highest possible rating given by Martindale-Hubbell, the leading independent attorney rating entity - and he is also listed in the Best Lawyers of America® in the area of Commercial Litigation. He is a member of the Putnam County Bar Association, Tennessee, and the American Bar Association. He is also a member of the Upper Cumberland Trial Lawyers Association, and was a District Representative for the Tennessee Young Lawyers Division of the Tennessee Bar Association. Jeff is currently the County Attorney for Putnam County, Tennessee and a Director for the City of Cookeville Public Building Authority. In the community, Jeff is a past Director for the Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce and a member of the Cookeville Rotary Club. He is also a member of St. Michael's Episcopal Church and has been active in American Legion Boys State.
Areas Of Practice
- State Civil Trial Practice
- Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Insurance Defense
- Municipal Law
- Tennessee, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1987
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1987
- Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Tennessee
- B.S. - 1984
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Yellow Fever of 1878, E. C. Barksdale Lectures University of Texas, Summer, 1983
- Tennessee Judicial Newsletter, Editorial Board
- Eldridge v. Putnam County, 86 S.W.3rd 572, 2001, Tenn.App.
- State of Tennessee ex rel. Jeffrey G. Jones v. Byron Looper, 86 S.W.2d 189, 2000, Tenn.App.
- Gobel v. Estate of Newman, LEXIS 392, 1996, Tenn.App.
- Owen v. Lakes Corp., LEXIS 800, 1991, Tenn.App.
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Listed in the Best Lawyers of America® in the area of Commercial Litigation
- Who's Who Among Rising Young Americans, 1990
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- City of Cookeville Public Building Authority, Director
- Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce, Past Director
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Upper Cumberland Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Putnam County Bar Association, President, 1990 to 1990
- Rural Legal Services of Tennessee, Board of Directors
- Cookeville Rotary Club, Past Director - Board of Directors
- Putnam County Democratic Party, Past Chairman/Executive Committee Member
- Boys State, Instructor, Legal Section, 1990 to 2014
- Phi Alpha Delta