- Of Counsel
KENNETH S. WILLIAMS joined the Cookeville, Tennessee office of Wimberly Lawson Wright Daves & Jones PLLC in 2022, in an Of Counsel role. His practice includes discrimination, civil rights and employment law, business and commercial litigation, and a concentration in education and governmental law in both Federal and State courts. Ken graduated from the University of Tennessee Martin in 1980, with a B.A. degree in English with high honors, and from the University of Tennessee College of Law with a J.D. in 1983 with honors. He clerked for the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals from 1983-1984, and over the years has worked in different regional law firms in Middle and West Tennessee. He was admitted to practice law in Tennessee in 1983, and is currently admitted to practice in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as in the Eastern, Middle and Western U.S. District Courts in Tennessee. Ken has an AV Preeminent(R) Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, based on peer and client reviews.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law- Employer
- Business & Commercial
- Civil Rights
- Tennessee, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 1983
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Tennessee, Martin, Tennessee
- B.A. - 1980
- Honors: With High Honors
- Forrest v. Trousdale Cty. Bd. of Educ., 954 F. Supp. 2d 720, 2013, M.D. Tenn.
- German v. Ford, 300 S.W.3d 692 , 2009, Tenn. Ct. App.
- In re Estate of Greenamyre, 219 S.W.3d 877 , 2005, Tenn. Ct. App.
- Thornton v. Coffee Cty. Bd. of Educ., No. M201800300COAR9CV, 2018 WL 4776124 , 2018, Tenn. Ct. App.
- Carroll v. Morgan Cty. Bd. of Educ., No. E201700038COAR3CV, 2017 WL 5712903, at *1 , 2017, Tenn. Ct. App.
- Howe v. Aytes, No. 2:14-CV-00077, 2016 WL 3262600, at *1 , 2016, M.D. Tenn.
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent(R) by Martindale Hubbell for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
Past Employment Positions
- Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals, Clerk, 1983 to 1984